Monday 25 February 2013

Beat The Christmas Rush, whoosh.

Well if that last month is any indication of how quick the year is going to rush by then I am glad we are getting on with our christmas cards. That is the super idea for a challenge for the year called Beat The Christmas Rush over at Creative Craft World.  
I have carried on with my scraps and made another dent in them, in fact at this rate I shall be taking advantage of the sales.
They are pretty simple as you can see; I am a scrapbooker first and foremost and so this isn't my natural element, I admire card-makers tremendously a great card is tricky. So as I struggle with a focal point, I try and keep them simple.
So two pieces of card with washi, pearls, a few stickers and chipboard elements and they were done.






So go on and have a go, it took me about an hour all told and I am pretty happy with them, well apart from the last one with it's wonky real stitching, switched to faux after that little disaster :)

My favourite from last month's entries was this one from Wendy here at her blog Scrapbooks and Cookbooks.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, hey, I really like these! I am not a natural card maker either, but your design and variations is a great one. You are going to be so pleased when December comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nor me on the natural cardmaker front. These are lovely, Jen. I hope my name is on one.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'd like the red spotty one please! They're all gorgeous and I think you are becoming our Queen of washi tape:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think they're all fab! I've just said on someone else's blog that I always seem to leave cards to the last minute rather than thinking ahead as I've just made 3 emergency cards this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them! They look so good together and yet each one stands beautifully on its own - such nice variation in each one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Jenni simple is fine and a card sent is the thought that counts,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use up scraps. We all have lots of those!! Great cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are.just.gorgeous, fab colour scheme and I.love the way you have.put them together. Should really be joining in with this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am loving these Jennie! I am a card maker first, so am inspired by these. I have a heap of stash to use so I will be checking out this challenge. I love the faux stitching, and the wonky just proves it is hand made and a piece of true art from the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are lovely Jen, great idea for using up some scraps if paper. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think these are really lovely actually Jennie - very vintage Christmas. If I got one of these for Christmas I would be well chuffed, and frame it to get out every year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. and I particularly like the Christmas Bullfinch!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely use of papers, they are fab :-) Glad you liked my cards for last month!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you lovely, you have made me smile =)