Tuesday 3 July 2012

“and be you blythe and bonny.”

It is my first time setting the weekly challenge over at UKS this week. With my recent interest in Shakespeare it had to include a Shakespeare themed challenge. I decided to scrap this photo of Lauren that I took on her birthday last November.
Lauren WC sepia
I do love the photo, but also it matched one of my favourite quotes so far from Shakespeare.
From Much Ado About Nothing:
“and be you blythe and bonny, converting all your sounds of woe into hey nonny nonny.” She has a lot of woe, and she does look on the bright side of life and I wanted to encourage her to carry that on into life.
The thing I mostly have been reflecting on is despite how powerful the writing is and I am still enjoying break-time reading with the complete works, this line was brought to life by Emma Thompson half-reading half-reciting this to music in the film version that I mentioned I loved here.
Lauren WC July Week 1 closeup_1
He wrote them as plays and should be performed as such, so I will carry on reading but also watching as much as possible.
I recorded The Hollow Crown on Saturday night, it was Richard II, I had already got into bed, fully intending to watch it on Sunday. However, after watching the first scene, I was up out of my bed and did some scrapping whilst I watched. It was fantastic, Ben Whishaw was brilliant as all the rest were, I, felt prickles on the back of the neck as Patrick Stewart as John Of Gaunt gave the Act Two Scene 1 Sceptered Isle speech. Can’t wait until the next one on Saturday, Henry IV Part 1.
Anyhoo, here is the layout.
Hey nonny nonny
I took lots of inspiration from all over the place, Two Peas, mainly for the negative title, layered bunting etc. I used the brilliant papers from Echo Park Summer Days, I have nearly used it all up now as well which makes me happy Smile
Thanks for looking xx

5 comments:

  1. Where ever and who ever you took your inspiration from you have produced a lovely page of Lauren which I am sure she'd like to have for herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great page I like your theme and I see you went for bunting I adore bunting its so festive and effective I'm afraid it creeps into a lot of my designs too I shall have to give that theme a thought

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely - so cleverly done, that lettering... And Lauren has such an expressive face! I loved the film of Much Ado About Nothing with Kenneth Brannagh and Emma Thompson, as did my teenage children at the time. Have seen the first hour of Richard 11 and need to watch the rest! Patrick Stewart and David Suchet were wonderful, as was Ben W...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren is such a pretty girl. Love your LO ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout and photo.
    I like Shakespeare too, and have had a couple of encounters recently. First while camping in Suffolk we went to the Theatre in the Forest to see King Lear. It was a bit heavy for my granddaughters (aged 20 months to 8 years) but they say engrossed even if they didn't understand the story. And while away I did some Bookcrossing (leaving books for others to find). One lady found a book and has since passed it on by leaving it in the Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford Upon Avon. How fitting and wonderful!!
    Coming back to your page, I love your layers of bunting. What a great effect. Also how you cut your title out. What machine do you have?
    I've missed Shakespeare on TV, may see if I can watch it in catchup.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you lovely, you have made me smile =)