Sunday 20 May 2012

Monthly Challenge/‘Christening’

I found the colour combo challenge this month on UKS quite tricky as the colours were all so rich, but as I decided to just get on and do it for the points, I realised that I didn’t have to use lots of the colours, so I didn’t.
IMG_3843
Some gesso, some croco paint in bronze, some cosmic shimmer mist in lava red and distress stain in fired brick, generally splattered and sponged with a few pieces of papers from my scraps box and it was done.
Although looking at it, I think I will go back round the strips with a fineliner to outline them, they look a bit too floaty random.
The photo was as the title suggests from mine and Rich’s christening. Mum still cannot believe that she managed to get two different kinds of red for us to wear. I still can’t get past our haircuts Open-mouthed smile
christening
The service was at St Helena’s the church on Lundy where we lived, there have been so few children to live on the island that Mum suspects there may not have been any christenings there since, or at least very few. I think I might try and find out more about that.
Co-incidentally, talking to my boss this week, his great-grandad was the stone mason that built St Helena’s. Small world.
The Olympic Flame is coming to town tomorrow. We are all excited. I am at work so I shall walk up and watch it go past as it is only in my work village for 5 minutes. My Mum and the kids will be having a party as it is staying 2 hours in our town and everyone is going to the sports fields for all sorts of Olympic themed fun. I didn’t really get a great deal there!

1 comment:

  1. I like the casual artfulness of your page today

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you lovely, you have made me smile =)