Monday 14 May 2012

Card Challenge Week 20/ROYGBIV


Thanks, as always, to Natty.
The prompt this week is Rainbow. Great word, a bow across the rain.
IMG_3734
I have really fallen for clouds at the moment and my local scrap store had a cloud embossing folder this morning so it had to be used Smile
So the Shakespeare connection this week. The mnemonic to learn the colours of the rainbow as learned at school when I was knee-high (and used today), was Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain.
The famous Richard Of York was King Richard III’s father. King Richard III is one of the history plays.
Lots of links for me this week, Richard is my brother’s name and it would have been his 37th birthday today.
The opening words to the play are;
“Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun (son) of York
And all the clouds that lour’d upon our house”
So, clouds.
Also my Dad would often proclaim the first line when something was going wrong. It would be more sonorous and doom-laden the bigger the problem Open-mouthed smile
It is the anniversary of his dying this week so that has given me a good memory to help get through.
So this was the 100th post. A massive thank you to everyone that commented and became a follower, it has made me very happy. The winners are Anne from the commenters and Karen from the followers. Congratulations. Can you please email me at jennie.hart@me.com with your details so I can send your prize?

6 comments:

  1. I use the ROYGBIV too and DD has learnt it, although these days I find I don't really need it, because of all the colour mixing I have done and using the colour wheel.
    Congratulations on your 100th post and to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Post 100. Congratulations Jen !
    I love your clouds card, it's very beautiful. It looks like it is a very emotional week for you. xxx
    PS: Oh and I am delighted to have won. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card... Congrats on 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to have those words in my head this afternoon now. It's good to have something to roll around the brain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I love that embossing folder :) Great card.
    Thank you for picking me as a winner xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant mnemonic and I will use it - and love your Dad's sonorous quote. Lovely way to remember him. :) And congratulations on being 100!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you lovely, you have made me smile =)