Sunday 19 February 2012

P&Q: The Holy Grail

I am always in search of it, just a few moments of peace and quiet each day. Sometimes I get up early and it’s then, sometimes I stay up and it’s then, sometimes it’s only in the car, sometimes it doesn’t happen. When the boys were littler it generally only came when they were tired and asleep. They weren’t boys that would sit and do quiet things Smile

I like this one of Ali crashed out in his cot.

000_0003_0002

He was teething here, the poor little chubby thing.

MC Feb Closeup2

I used the photo for this month’s house challenge over at UKS. I love the palette and the photo suited it well enough.

I used scraps of paper so quite a thrifty layout from my stash……good job as it needs to budge up to make space for all the lovely new MME that is headed my way.

Winking smile

Also some BG Piccadilly chipboard flowers, gems and wire.

MC Feb Close-up

I used a hexagon/honeycomb mask with pearly paint and copics for the background. 7Gypsies tape and Thickers altered with copics and stickles.

MC February P&Q

I also dotted a border as something was missing from all the plain space, not sure that’s nailed it though. Anyway, it’s done and I’m quite pleased with it.

I have lots of peace and quiet today as the boys have been occupied with one thing and another, aww they are growing up (YES! I mean NO! I mean YES, I think I mean both).

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean lol! It's a bit of a shock when they get old enough to stay up later, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all works perfectly, yes even the dotted border:D I knew my children were really growing up when they were allowed out on their own and that was really a shock as a Mum:o

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, Jen. Such a cute photo, too.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh... a very sweet photo and your papers and scalloped edges are just lovely with it.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you lovely, you have made me smile =)