Sunday 12 June 2011

Creative Craft World Saturday ScrapMap

I am so thrilled to be guest designing for Creative Craft World. The scrap map is over there if you want to play along.

The sketch is by the lovely Sue, thank you Sue.

The theme to go with it is ‘Travel’.

IMG_8577

  The only way to travel on Lundy Island where I grew up for my first few years is by Shank’s Pony. As the Island is only 3 miles by 1/2 mile, other transport just isn’t necessary, there was one tractor and a Land Rover which actually nearly ran me over when I was three.

IMG_8580

I was toddling/running on the walk from our house on the south end of the island towards the shop and Mum saw the Land Rover coming down to the crossroads and had to catch me up pretty darned quick.

That would have been bizarre, I might even have become an urban myth, ok maybe not Winking smile 

Looking towards the south end of the island from the Old Lighthouse.

4 comments:

  1. Super page and I love the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so idyllic! I have always had a fascination with islands ... Such bad luck if you had been 'got' by one of the few vehicles within miles! Love these photos - I feel my soul expanding just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout :) Love the stitching and distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful scene and a fab page, Jen. So pleased you've joined us at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you lovely, you have made me smile =)