Sunday 24 April 2011

Susibee

Susi is a bijoux belle, and she has made me feel so welcome since I joined the team over at UKScrappers She was the force behind our recent retreat; it was my first retreat but their second and she has organised both. It was brilliant and I must blog about it soon.
She is a real bustler, making sure everything is perfect and taking care of everyone, a skill I really admire.
IMG_7573
This was the stash I picked, including some great ‘crate paper’ that Sue gave me, thanks, Sue.
I also used some gold thread to stitch around the circle and the 12x12. I didn’t end up using the balloon stamps, the cog, the tag or the white journaling pen. Funny how they evolve aren’t they?
I used the Tim Holtz tattered banners die to cut grungeboard and painted with ranger paint dabbers, lake mist, juniper and pink sherbet. I stamped over it with a paperartsy ‘stamp of approval’.
IMG_7796
IMG_7794
IMG_7798
5 Things I love about Susi.
1. She is interested in everyone and asks lots of questions which gets lots of conversations going. She has a great sense of humour and loves the silliness of things.
2. She is the first one round to give you a cuddle, virtually, and you know she would be there in person too, if she could.
3. She has a lovely family, of which I have met her lovely husband and daughter; Chris and Holly.
4. She can craft like a wizard. Her work is superb, really detailed and imaginative. I have also been on the glad receiving end of a Susi card which is extra-special as they are all fantastic.
5. She has the most fab jewellry, which goes with whatever she is wearing and that she is dotty about red spotty things!
The journaling reads: “Susi is…smashing, super, sincere, smart, smiley, short and special x”
I enjoyed making this one of you Susi and it will be up next to Sue’s in the scrap/bedroom!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that sums up Susi to a tee. What a super page!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page. I really like the "ribbon" going down the side of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is lovely Jen, and Im so glad you have showed us the detail too, I love those coiled springy bits, and its a super page all over and I love what you've said too and its all true.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you lovely, you have made me smile =)