Monday 25 April 2011

EGGsellent Fun

Last week’s Scrap Map Challenge at Creative Craft World was to scrap Easter. So, after the usual chaos, and now the chocolate is in bits in their tubs, I have finished it.

IMG_7829

I have spent quite a bit of time sorting out my stash this weekend and I was amazed to find I had nearly a whole sheet of Basic Grey Lime Rickey

IMG_7828

and with the few offcuts I had left I used it to embrace the brightness of these photos. I’m not very good with lots of colours but i’m pleased enough with it.

If you can squint carefully you will notice in the top right corner of the above photo a certain amount of odd distressing…………

IMG_7827

this is what happened when I left the cardstock to rest on the hob at our recent retreat. I then didn’t notice that I had leaned on the hob control turning it on.

Laura came in to the kitchen and said ‘what’s burning?’, we thought she had some pregnancy related nasal oddity, but then we realised my cardstock was on fire. I took it outside and amazingly it didn’t burn, just singed. I thought it would probably come in handy. It did today as i’m running low on cardstock and thoughts of Laura are quite apt this evening.

Her pregnancy is being ushered onto it’s end tonight as she has been taken in for inducement. I am thinking of you Laura, I hope it all goes on very quickly and we will have some news soon.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Jen you do journal so beautifully both on the layout and on the blog. I can't believe you managed to use that bit of grilled cardstock either, but then i suppose it WAS turqoise. I love the vibrancy and colours of this layout, it captures the spirit of it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! at the singed card and lol! at us lot not knowing it was burning!

    I love your pictures, especially the bunny ears and the fact the children are in their bare feet. It's a fab page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That still makes me laugh and I was there! Love your Easter page, Jen.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great fun bright LO :)

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol :D - who else would keep a singed piece of cardstock! Love the bright colours - perfect - and love the ambitious big buckets for their "finds" xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a firey story! You made wonderful use of your card stock and I think your layout is great :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!! Nice distressing Jen :-) - Fab LO

    Sarah x x x

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you lovely, you have made me smile =)